Multi-master replication for painless fault tolerance by Stas Kelvich
Tuesday, November 15 at 11:20-12:15
We'll cover following topics:
* State of cluster and replication solutions for postgres and niche for multi-master in that ecosystem
* Some theory about distributed databases design and tradeoffs
* Raft storage as postgres extension for node discovery
* Fault detection and recovery in multi-master
* Framework for testing multi-master behaviour with respect to network falures and splits
Also will show live demo of node recovery with multi-master on small Raspberry Pi cluster.
About the Speaker
Started hacking multidimensional indices in postgres back in 2012. Since then worked also on full text search, two-phase commit, logical decoding, distributed transaction.
Also wrote a lot of ruby on rails code and numerical computation code for laser physics simulations.